The past few weeks have been so busy, I have not had the time to write my blog. But we have been cooking and dishing out interesting food. I will soon post some pictures.
On Friday afternoon, I was walking past Specialitys after lunch and they were giving out samples of pumpkin bread. It was delicious, a little too cinnamony for my liking, but tasty none the less. “I have a can of pumpkin puree sitting in the pantry”, I said to my friend who was walking with me, “Oooo… this is giving me ideas… and kindling my desire to bake. I have to try this on Saturday”. “Let me know if you try it out”, she said.
I woke up this morning, pulled out the ingredients and whipped up this nifty pumpkin bread. It was a delicious breakfast and everyone loved it. That’ why I thought of posting it here. It’s not too sweet though, so if you like your muffins sweet then just double the amount of sugar. Here’s the recipe for all of you to try…. Enjoy!!
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Vegetable oil – 1/2 cup
Eggs – 3
Canned pumpkin puree- 1 1/2 cups
Water – 1/2 cup
Whole wheat flour – 2 cups (or 1 cup all-purpose and 1 cup whole wheat)
Baking powder – 1 1/2 teaspoons
Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
Cinnamon – 1/2 teaspoon
Nutmeg – 1/2 teaspoon
Salt – a pinch
Raisins – 1 cup
Chopped walnuts – 1/2 cup
– Mix the sugar, oil, eggs, pumpkin and water together in a large bowl.
– Mix all dry ingredients together and add to mixture.
– Now add raisins and walnuts.
– Let the mixture stand for sometime (about 30 mins) at room temperature.
– Place in greased muffin tins and bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Stick a knife and check if the muffins are done, and then cool them on the cooling rack.